Tuesday, December 8, 2015

When Writing, Make An Outline!

I'm a fiction writer. That's what I love to do. It's about building worlds and people and sending them on adventures that test the limits of their character. And there are no limits to what you can do. If you have the vocabulary and the drive, you can write a story about anything, anywhere, anytime. No limits. Isn't that nuts?

Here's the problem that I had over this semester. I decided to write Captives of the Eastern Mountain without much direction at all. I just figured knocking out one episode at a time and winging it would be okay.

Nopers.

I found that I lost interest in the story after four episodes! Don't get me wrong, I'll probably pick it up again sometime and turn it into a novella based off my first novel, but I definitely should have planned this out a little better. So I apologize to everyone who got emotionally invested in this story. Both of you.

I wrote Foreordained with a strict outline. I planned My Name Is Hammerfist with an outline. I didn't do an outline for Captives of the Eastern Mountain. In this respect, I have failed.

The good news is, you live and learn, right?? So thanks! And sorry! Until then, feel free to check out some of my other works that I did make with outlines in mind. And expect new iterations of My Name Is Hammerfist every month! I'm seriously stoked about this story, guys. Thanks for reading!

Foreordained

My Name Is Hammerfist: Volume 1


Thanks again!

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment